Friday, February 12, 2010

New freedom

I feel that I have made some progress lately. Of course, it is about time.

Anyway, I have managed to beat down the fear to run away and hide and actually trust some people in the last two weeks. I have made decisions and stuck with them, I have stated my opinion and managed to not apologize for it, I have "assumed" that I am welcome and wanted in some social situations and all without too many problems. Not that it was easy. The old "burst or throw up" feeling has been present the whole time. I will know that I am truly successful when that feeling doesn't show up. But, I managed to do it all afraid. Joyce Meyer is big on the "do it afraid" thing. Ever since I heard her use that saying I have been trying to get up the nerve to do it....and I did...yah!!! Now I just need to keep it up.

This post has been recently edited and two follow up ones deleted...on purpose...not giving fear the satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment