Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love...

I thank God for every day. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I thank Him for the grace and mercy that He gives me even though I do not give Him enough of my time. I have been slighting Him a lot lately. It's hard to believe that He loves me anyway. I know how I am when I feel ignored by people. It hurts! But He forgives and stands with arms wide open to accept whatever scrap I give back. How can He love me like that? I am a very poor friend to Him. I get so involved in my own issues that I forget that if I would just give my cares and concerns to Him, He would take care of it all. I have been complaining about my fears and insecurities and He is whispering to me that if I would just surrender them to Him I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore. Lord, please help me to do that. Help me get past myself and focused on You. Break my heart with what breaks Your heart. Change me into what you want me to be. I've been worrying about being what other people want me to be my whole life and now I need to give myself to you and be what You want me to be. When I accepted You into my life the old man was put away. Well, I don't think I gave up the old man completely and I want to do that. I want to surrender it all to you Lord. Help me, please. I want to surrender to the only perfect love that exists. The only love that will never cause me pain.

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and My God. Psalm 42:5

No comments:

Post a Comment